eyes like flashlights.

inspiration surrounds you, open your eyes...

Monday, February 20, 2006

why i would never write a blog

I am an insignificant speck:

How important am I, that you would expend moments of your existence on reading my thoughts? The mere idea, that anyone would take away from their time to step into my stream of conciousness for even a second, for no reason whatsoever is beyond my frame of understanding. And yet you are here, reading these words, that bear no meaning to you. Reading about other people, perhaps gives your own life meaning. Reading their thoughts, criticisms, observations, maybe you take on those views as your own. A succession of recycled thoughts, criticisms, observations all circulating in a cyclic manner. In a world that bleeds for originality, we are still so far from it.

I guess I carry more weight than I thought.

Writing with the intention for others to read implies megalomania of some level:

I write, not for the intention of external validation. I would have to be slightly narcissistic, to want to see my words and know people are reading them. I must have delusions of granduer to believe that my words are even worth reading, worth you spending your time to read. I am a little too un-important on the scale of things to expend the vast power of the human mind. (ties in with the first point)

One caviat:
1. If perhaps, I held some position of significance to you, be it any level, this would be a singular justification for me to write, and in that case you would be justified in reading.

Detached:

In my constant attempts to connect with humanity, blogging would be another step away from it. You wanna know what I'm thinking? ask me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Totally can't believe you wrote a blog. And I totally can't believe I read it! This was profound and trivial at the same time. Thanks for bringing meaninglessness to my otherwise melancholy existence. This is totally crazy and sweet.

Mon Feb 27, 12:11:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home